Tactical Tech is an international NGO, with an office in Berlin, working to investigate the impact of digital technologies on society.
As a Front End Engineer, you should have:
- a minimum of two years of relevant experience in building websites and browser-based apps;
- a solid understanding of front end engineering, backed by relevant tertiary qualifications or a strong portfolio of work;
- experience with one or more of the following frameworks and tools:
- React or Choo
- Webpack or Bankai
- Git & SSH
- experience in iterative feature development (test-driven development a bonus);
- a demonstrated understanding of modern web browsers, W3C standards, modern web APIs, accessibility and common client/server patterns;
- a solid understanding of web development and its relationship to cultural, economic and connectivity issues across audiences;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- preferably fluency in written and spoken English;
- experience collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams in a cooperative and iterative fashion;
- experience interpreting and incorporating feedback from multiple stakeholders from within and beyond creative and engineering teams;
- a process of documentation as part of your practice and handover, and;
- an understanding of the geopolitical contexts in which Tactical Tech’s work is carried out;
- and an understanding of the broader scope of Tactical Tech’s work
We are happy to accept applications from people working outside of Berlin however you must be comfortable, and have experinece, in working remotely.
If you are interested in collaborating with us please email your expression of interest to email@example.com (tag: Front End Engineer) with your CV, portfolio and your approximate daily consultancy rate. Please submit these documents as a pdf. The PGP Key fingerprint for firstname.lastname@example.org is: B468 3189 57AF DB42 ACF2 DD8B 2F2E D124 AF9E C238.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to respond to individual phone and email inquiries.